To celebrate the end of yet another wonderful season we are offering 20% off all Portsmouth Marine Society publications in our Museum shop!! Offer good in store only from now until December 23nd. Some restrictions apply.
Discover Portsmouth Exhibits, Programs & Events
Open through Tuesday, December 23rd – our Museum shop has a unique selection of goods that reflect on our mission to tell Portsmouth stories and stimulate interest of Portsmouth’s history. Whether you are looking for locally made gifts for the whole family or the latest book by a bestselling Portsmouth author we have what you need!
We feature notecards, magnets, and more by local photographers and artists, as well as locally printed Portsmouth themed t-shirts and bags. We carry a wide variety of locally made goods including pottery, jewelry, hats, scarves, mittens and even handmade kitchen utensils and cutting boards made from New Hampshire’s fallen trees. We also have a large selection of Maine Made wooden toys for kids and adults!
Our shop also has a selection of books and items inspired local places and historical figures including Strawbery Banke, the Isles of Shoals, Celia Thaxter, John Haley Bellamy, Thomas Bailey Aldrich and more!
Don’t forget members receive a 10% discount in the Museum Shop!
The shop is open 7 days a week.
10-5 Monday – Friday
10-8 Saturdays and Sundays
Discover Portsmouth continues its upward trajectory thanks to support from people like you. With your help, we:
- Produced a new map exhibit at the John Paul Jones House Museum
- Launched new walking tours with a team of well-trained guides
- Created the Eleanor Williams Hooker Tea Talks Winter lectures on Black History with standing-room-only crowds
- Won national acclaim for “Bold & Brash”- the largest Bellamy exhibit in history AND a new biography of John Haley Bellamy by Jim Craig
- Revamped the museum shop with merchandise from talented local craftspeople
- Installed new trees and shrubs, $20,000 of in-kind services by Piscataqua Landscaping!
- Began a new September tradition in the garden of the John Paul Jones House
We thank you for your support.
Homemade gingerbread creations are now on display as part of Vintage Christmas now through December 21st. The exhibit is free and open to the public every day from 10am – 5pm with extended hours on Saturdays and Sundays until 8pm.
Over 60 gingerbread houses have been created by local businesses, artists, families and kids!
Get your family and friends together and come see these magical creations.
Hours: 10-5 daily
10-8 Saturdays and Sundays
We are dedicated to increasing public understanding and enthusiasm for local history. Our trustees, staff, sponsors, and members believe strongly that the uniqueness of Portsmouth is defined by the city’s past. Our mission is to provide a central location where, in cooperation with other groups, we can introduce, interpret, and stimulate the study of Portsmouth history.