The John Paul Jones House
Built in 1758, the John Paul Jones Historic House Museum is a registered national historic landmark.
Open Seasonally, Memorial Day Weekend–Columbus Day
Also open on Veterans Day with free admission for all
November 11th, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
43 Middle Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Join, renew, or give as a gift!
Membership provides an opportunity for a deeper connection with Portsmouth’s impressive legacy of history, arts, and culture.
- Free Admission to the Academy Galleries and the John Paul Jones House Museum & Garden
- Discounted Admission to signature events, programs and lectures
- Special Invitations to members-only events including exhibition opening galas
- Member Discounts in our fantastic museum shop
- Free or Discounted Tickets for our popular historic Portsmouth walking tours
Sustaining members making a monthly gift will receive the additional benefit of free or discounted admission to more than 1,100 museums in North America through the North American Reciprocal Museum Association (NARM)
Make a Gift to Our Annual Fund
The Portsmouth Historical Society is able to work towards its goals thanks to the support of generous individual donors. We welcome all levels of donation; one-time gifts, monthly donations, the establishment of a matching gifts program, gifts of stock, and bequests.
We couldn’t do it without you!
For more information, call (603) 570-2492.